The following text is a draft of a code of conduct for the club, propsosed by the committee and pending formal adoption at the next Annual General Meeting on 12th November 2019.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to establish acceptable standards of behaviour expected of all members of Hinckley Running Club in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable running environment for everyone.
The Code of Conduct must be adhered to during all internal and external club activities, including, but not limited to:
• Club training sessions – this includes when club members meet before and after the session.
• At running events e.g. LRRL league races, DRRL XC races and other races attended by HRC members. This includes when members car share to and from such events.
• Activity on all forms of social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) within the club’s own groups/pages, in interactions between club members and in contexts where members’ activity may bring the club into disrepute.
• Social runs organised by club members via the running club e.g. Sunday long run.
• Social activities organised through the club e.g. Presentation Evening, Beer and Bling night.
• Activities in other running related forums e.g. Strava.
Members should not publish, post or verbally broadcast material, or behave in a manner which could be construed as:
• Violent, or
• Other inappropriate language or behaviour that the committee deems to have been unacceptable under the circumstances in question.
Any member of the Club who violates the Code of Conduct may be expelled from the Club, subject to the procedure described in the Club’s Rules/Constitution.